Monday, March 10, 2008

Southern Harmony and Musical Companion

Quiet a long time ago I had, on tape (that makes me feel so old) The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion by the Black Crowes. I love that album. It was one of my absolute FAVES!

I lost it many years ago, and by chance I decided to type the album title into ebay. It was just on a whim, I wasn't sure if it would come up or not. I managed to get it for 3.00GBP.

It arrived about a week and I haven't stopped listening to it since. It's just so good, and I really do have to compliment my younger selfs taste in music, it's every bit as good as I remembered!

The main stand out songs, which are beautifully written, and sung with such soulful heart felt emotion.

Bad Luck Blue Eyes good bye
and
Time Will Tell

If you ever see them for sale for your MP3 player, I would boldly suggest that you get them.

If you want some songs that you can sing at the top of your voice with, and (if you're a boy) play the air guitar then
Sting me
Remedy
and
Hotel Illness

Are just the ticket.

Overall, it's just a super album, and if you like rock mixed with blues and easy listening this is the album for you.

No comments: